- Excessive Amount of Force
- Officers react irrationally to threat
- Suspects defend themselves in fear of officers.
- The justice system is dishonest towards citizens and indefensibly supports law enforcement every time
- Families deserve an approach towards a resolution to this problem
- Working Hypothesis 1
Police officers display a racial bias when shooting suspects.
1a. Working hypothesis 2
The common knowledge is correct: white cops brutalize black suspects often enough to be statistically relevant.
- Topics for smaller papers
- I will have to explain the analogy between police feeling threatened with the racial bias police gain in training in a definition paper, showing the correlation to advance my argument that police have a racial bias when shooting victims.
- I will need to indicate by research that police are more tempted to shoot when they are against a black male. This will demonstrate that police have a racial bias when restraining their victims.
- The reasoning is backwards. Black suspects defend themselves out of a fear of being brutalized. They flee, they resist, they attack, sometimes they kill the uniform because of past experiences of injustice from cops.
- Current State of Research Paper
I am doing well with my research paper. I haven’t changed my opinion on my topic, I have just been changing my thesis around a little bit. I think my outcome for this paper will be good, I think once I have all my information I will have a solid research paper.