Content Description- How can we prevent gun violence, the dangers of gun violence, losing loved ones because of this tragedy.
I will be examining the illegal use of gun violence and how it should be stricter laws on how to get and purchase guns! My argument will go into detail of how gun violence in the United States is getting worse and their should be more laws restricting people getting firearms.
1. The Benefits of Reducing Gun Violence: Evidence from Contingent-Valuation Survey Data
Essential Content of the Article: surveys on whether or not people are really into reducing the use of gun violence by paying to have it lowered.
What it Proves- This article proves that many assaults come from the use of gun violence and if the individuals who agree with reducing gun violence pay to do so then it can be lowered.
2.Illegal Firearms: Access and Use By Arrestees
The Essential Content of the Article- The article discusses the people stated how it is easy for them to obtain illegal firearms by many of ways. They conducted studies due to the incarcerated population due to injuries and death population.
What it Proves- This article proves that studies took place for people incarcerated or previously incarcerated on how easy it it or was to get a firearm in their possession. Next the study and availability and theories of how firearms are obtained.
3. Gun violence prevention
The Essential Content of the Article- this article discusses of gun laws and the laws implemented in the United States. Also discussed they stated that here is an emerging consensus that certain gun laws reduce gun violence, particularly those requiring all gun buyers to first pass background checks, and those barring domestic abusers from possessing guns.
What it Proves- that many more people who receive guns or try to get guns need more medical attention as far as their background goes.
4. Implementing a Public Health Approach to Gun Violence Prevention: The Importance of Physician Engagement
The Essential Content Of The Article -He referenced survey findings indicating that most physicians viewed gun violence as a public health problem and that they supported a more active role for the profession in preventing it. Fear has also shaped the gun policy debate. Whether to muster support for “stand your ground” laws or rally in opposition to proposals that would track gun purchases to aid law enforcement investigations, fear is an element of how we talk about guns.
What it Proves- This article proves there are many laws representing guns and many people support it . Also the study of people viewing to look into getting guns need to be evaluated to see if they are mentally competent.
5. Rates of intimate partner violence in the United States.
The Essential Content Of The Article- surveys conducted on inmate violence due to the range of gun violence on female to male ratio of violence interactions.
What it Proves- Study the issue and level of violence of inmates that are incarcerated. The ratio from women to men are estimated from partner violence.
- Working Hypothesis- Gun Violence is very terrible and is making our country worse and we have to put a stop to it!
- 1A Working Hypothesis #2- how do we stop gun violence ?
- Topics For Small Papers-Definition/Classification Argument- The result of gun violence is causing deaths and depriving families of loved ones due to physical harm. This demonstrates that we need to do something before more people have to suffer and lose their loved ones also.
- Rebuttal Argument-Guns should be allowed because it is a necessary form of self defense and protection.
- Current State Of The Research Paper- So far I’m glad I switched the topic from Marijuana to gun violence. I say this because I have more experience and knowledge on this topic due to the killing of my father which occurred in July of 2011. My opinions on guns have grown worse and we really need to help and make change before others lose loved ones to this nonsense. I anticipate my outcome of proving and showing how something has to be done about gun violence as it is rapidly growing worse. I know that I have some work to do organizing my ideas but I feel my opinion and personal experience’s can help me have a good Research Paper Argument.