- Bandler, Aaron. “5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks.” Daily Wire. N.p., 07 July 2016. Web. 12 Dec. 2016.
This article by Aaron Bandler was a very informative article that gave many important statistics on police shootings. It gave numbers such as the number of African-Americans killed by police officers..
I used this article by applying the statistics to both sides of the BLM cause. It provided insight on what is truly going on.
- Craven, Julia. “Here’s How Many Black People Have Been Killed By Police This Year.” Huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post, n.d. Web.
This article by Julia Craven was an article that was bias in favor of the Black Lives matter movement. It gave an interesting perspective on how strongly some people feel about police officers killing African-Americans.
I used this source sarcastically in a way. I used it to portray how near-sighted people can be without knowing all the facts about a situation.
- @newsone. “Black Police Officer Talks Police Brutality, Racism In Interview.” News One. N.p., 10 May 2012. Web. 12 Dec. 2016.
This article was an interview with an anonymous new york city cop. It gave a police officers opinion on the public outcry and call to action on the police force. It showed how upset the police were with being painted as villains.
I used direct quotes from this article in order to show the perspective of cops on the subject at hand.
- “Police News.” Blue Lives Matter. N.p., 09 Dec. 2016. Web. 12 Dec. 2016
This article was the bias of the Blue Lives Matter movement that was bias in favor of the police officers. It was basically and agenda for everything the blue lives matter movement was trying to accomplish.
I used this article to gain my own perspective on both sides of the problem. It helped me make an informed decision on what I thought was right.
- Suarez, Alexandra. “Dakota Access Pipeline: What You Need to Know.” International Business Times – Business News, Technology, Politics. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2016.
This article offered even more statistics for both sides and their loses of life. It showed only facts and real statistics.
I used this article the same way as the first. I applied the statistics to supply useful information.
- Ubiñas, Helen. “Ubinas: Ignorance on Both Sides of Black Lives Matter Movement Must Be Called out.” Philly.com. N.p., 11 July 2016. Web. 12 Dec. 2016.
This article was an unbiased on that gave note to incidents that occurred that effected both sides. It was a much more balanced opinion on the entire situation.
I used it to further improve upon my own ideas and form my own opinions on the topic.
- Williams, Janice. “Police Shooting Statistics 2016: Are More Black People Killed By Officers Than Other Races?” International Business Times. N.p., 26 Sept. 2016. Web. 12 Dec. 2016.
This article contained even more statistics and they were even more specific than the others.
I used the numbers in the same way as all of the other ones, to inform and not give my opinion.