- Walden, Mike. “Baseball Injuries.” Baseball Injuries. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Oct. 2016.
Background: It goes over some list of injuries that occur in baseball and how serious they are.
How it was used: I used this in my argument to show the different types of injuries that can happen to different types of athletes. I narrowed my thinking down to baseball and used this page to show the injuries inside the sport and the recovery times along with them.
2. Ratini, Melinda. “Tommy John Surgery (UCL Reconstruction) and Recovery.” WebMD. WebMD, 11 Feb. 2014. Web. 30 Oct. 2016. http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tommy-john-surgery-ucl-reconstruction#1
Background: Goes over the basics of Tommy John surgery which is a common injury among baseball pitchers.
How it was used: I used this article to show one of the main most devastating injuries in all of baseball. I went over recovery times and success rates on this surgery and most importantly, what the surgery is and how it helps the athlete.
3. @michaelgleibermd. “Common NFL Injuries & Unrealistic Recovery Expectations – Michael A. Gleiber, MD.” Michael A. Gleiber, MD. N.p., 10 Feb. 2015. Web. 30 Oct. 2016. https://michaelgleibermd.com/news/common-nfl-injuries-unrealistic-recovery-expectations/
Background: This article goes over some of the common injuries that happen inside the National Football League.
How it was used: I used this article to relate football and baseball together. I did this to show some of the big injuries inside each sport and compare them and their recovery rates with one another in order to let the reader get a better understanding of each sports own unique injury.
4. Mair, Kathy. “Top Ten Causes of Sport Injuries.” LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 07 Feb. 2014. Web. 30 Oct. 2016. http://www.livestrong.com/article/526375-top-ten-causes-of-sport-injuries/
Background: This article goes over the top most common ways that athletes get injured inside their sport.
How it was used: I used this to show common way that most athletes get injured. I used this strategy to show that there are ways to combat these reasons and make the athletes have a less injury rate.
5. By the Time a Pitcher Arrives in Professional Baseball, the Wear and Tear on His Elbow Might Be Significantly Greater than It Once Was, Making Him More at Risk for Tommy John Surgery Early in His Career — and Consequently, More at Risk of Needing a Revis. “What We’ve Missed about Tommy John Surgery.” ESPN.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/12648769/what-missed-tommy-john-surgery
Background: Goes over the wear in a pitchers arm before he reaches the big leagues and how that can lead to an earlier injury.
How it was used: I used it to show what people inside the ESPN had to say about the surgery and how they expect most pitchers to need to get it. They also say that some pitchers should have the surgery before the injury even happens.
6. “John Smoltz Warns Young Players about Tommy John Surgery in Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech.” USA Today. Gannett, n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/john-smoltz-warns-young-players-about-tommy-john-surgery-in-hall-of-fame-acceptance-speech
Background: Goes over how a man that was a professional pitcher needed tommy john and wants to warn the young kids of baseball about it.
How it was used: I used it to show how many people believe young kids re starting there throwing to early and the surgery is a big scare amongst that. He tries to portray that the surgery is not a good thing.
7. Miller, Sam. “Why Pitchers Will Always Have Tommy John Surgery.” ESPN.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2016. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/12842678/why-tommy-john-surgeries-cease-soon
Background: Goes over the reasoning behind Tommy John Surgery and why the pitchers around the league are always going to be in need of it.
How it was used: I used it to show that this is always going to be needed because its just part of the game that saddens all.
8. “What Can Go Wrong.” In Surgery with Dr. Chris Chiodo. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2016. http://www.drchiodo.com/Pages/surgery/04_cangowrong.php
Background: Goes over all of the bad things that happen from a person getting surgery.
How it was used: I used this to show all the bad things that can come from a surgery. I did this because some people say it’s smart to get the surgery before the injury which should not be the case because then a person is in danger of these problems.
9. Smiley, Brett. “12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know about Tommy John Surgery.” FOX Sports. N.p., 25 June 2014. Web. 06 Dec. 2016. http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/tommy-john-surgery-facts-baseball-062514
Background: This article goes over the importances of Tommy John surgery and things that normal people would not know about the surgery without doing a little research.
How it was used: I used this article to show the importance of this surgery and show people with the naked eye what this really does for pitchers and players around the league.
10. Https://www.facebook.com/mikereinold.pt. “5 Myths of Tommy John Surgery – Mike Reinold.” Mike Reinold. N.p., 26 Jan. 2014. Web. 06 Dec. 2016. http://www.mikereinold.com/5-myths-tommy-john-surgery/
Background: Goes over the myths that people say about Tommy John surgery in which he believes people should know.
How it was used: I used this article to show that somethings that people say about Tommy John is not true and you need to find out the truth before proceeding with anything you do in an injury.