Hypothesis- Professional sports should help against our ongoing fight with obesity. Professional sporting events should offer and promote healthier alternatives to options such as hotdogs, and soft drinks etc.
When going to a Professional sports games most spectators anticipate having a cheat meal or choosing to eat something like a hot dog, pretzel, slice of pizza with a beer or a sugary soft drink. By promoting deals for options like this professional sports concession stands are not stepping up trying to make a stand on an ongoing obesity issue America and other countries world wide face.
Benefits of healthy alternatives being added to menus:
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Healthier options will ultimately lower the increasingly high obesity rate.
Effects of Fast Food on the body:
- Food is fuel for your body eating highly processed food in moderation is not necessarily that bad but in binge servings can be dangerous
- Majority of fast food contains large amounts of carbohydrates, added sugar, unhealthy fats, and salt or sodium.
- These foods are often high in calories yet offer little or no nutritional value.
Another rising issue is child obesity. It seems that children would rather watch or play sports virtually compared to actually going outside or playing for a team. If we begin to preach the importance of eating healthier not only at school, and home, but also when we don’t really want too like at a tailgate or when you are inside making a decision at a concession stand in a stadium at an event.
Working Hypothesis: Not only is prices at professional sports games highly priced, but also can negatively affect your health.
Working Hypothesis 2: Adding cheaper, and healthier options to the menu of professional sports games can have a positive impact.
- If healthier options are added to concession stands more people might try to make eating healthier a habit.
- Eating junk food is a bad tradition that people across the world look forward too.
- I need to better talk about how professional sporting events have ignored the worlds obesity issue.
3. I feel that my thesis, claims, and sources are strong. With many new revisions and feedback I believe that my paper can be bolstered up nicely and my essay will be easily understood and my argument will be easily understood by my audience.